- Plant Source: Bosnia & West Herzegovina
- Farmer/Producer: Herceg-Gala D.O.O.
- Part Harvested: Flower
- Method of Culture: Traditional
- Intended for use in: Perfumery, Aromatherapy, Cosmetic, Alimentary
- Aroma: Warm, hay-like, sweet caramel, tobacco leaf, honey, with green phenolic nuances - Middle Note
- Immortelle Essential Oil (100% Pure & Natural)
- Helichrysum Italcium
- Botanical Family: Asteraceae
- CAS: 8023-95-8
- INCI: Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle) Oil
Helichrysum italicum is a flowering plant of the daisy family Asteraceae. It grows on dry, rocky, sandy ground around the Mediterranean. The clusters of yellow flowers grow in Summer. What’s interesting, they retain their colour after picking and sometimes are used in dried flower arrangements. However, there is something more interesting about imortelle or everlasting. It is used to produce oil from blossoms which is used for medicinal purposes: it’s anti-inflammatory, fungicidal, and astringent. Also, it is used as a fixative in perfumes and has an intense fragrance.
Despite the common beliefs, Helichrysum italicum is not indigenous to Corsica, but grows in the most of coast of the Mediterranean. West Herzegovina, with its mild climate, a lot of sun and dry and rocky ground is a perfect natural habitat for Immortelle, as well as for the rest of medicinal plants and herbs. - immortelle-oil.com